Traveling long distances, particularly over the date line often causes jet lag. Jet lag is when the sleep-wake patterns are disturbed and this can also cause physical stress. Combine this with changes in air pressure due to flying you may just feel completed exhausted. Symptoms of jet lag include, drowsiness, a feeling of lethargy, irritable, disorientated.
There are a number of easy ways to minimise jet lag and decrease any travel stress:
- Spend as much time as possible traveling with your eyes closed. You may not sleep but this forces you to relax. Meditation or audios that assist in relaxation are a great option.
- Avoid alcohol, soft drinks and fruit juices during the flight
- If you can try not to eat the food provided and take a snack with you that is protein rich
- Drink water
- Re-set the sleep-wake pattern, stand facing the sun (make sure your eyes are protected and you are sunburn protected) for 10-15 minutes so that you get a healthy dose of sunlight. This simply resets your night time melatonin and makes sure it’s not activated to make you sleepy during the day.
- Take melatonin tablets for an added boost in resetting your body clock
- Use a good quality magnesium spray before you start your journey and when you arrive at your destination. Bewitched Angel Jet Lag Magnesium Spray allows the effects of the magnesium to flow into your blood stream fast with the added benefit of essential oils.
Do you see an item and think “I can make that”?
Do you go into a store and see loads of pretty crafty items and tools and feel you need to have them? (This is also why I try not to go to too many craft shows).
If you are like me you are addicted to creating things so much so you will have loads of goodies just bursting out everywhere. My spare room wardrobe is bursting with goodies waiting to be used.
I have found that Bluprint (formally Craftsy) is a massive help in learning new things. Better still I have discovered you can get unlimited access to all their classes online. Now I am really bursting out of my skin with excitment. So much so I almost forgot to go to bed last night.
Anybody have that problem where they are so absorbed by their latest graft journey that everything else goes on hold including sleep?
Now I really have to share this with you. An amazing offer that I just did not want to keep to myself:
If you are into crafts then the Jennifer Pudney range of postcard size needlepoint kits are perfect.
Unlike larger needlepoints that can take months to finish the small size of these really funky designs will make each design fast to finish.
What I love is they are fresh and fun. I have always shied away from needlepoint as the designs have been so drab, old fashioned and chocolate box. Because these are so much fun to do I am suddenly finding needlepoint incredibly relaxing.
Currently I am completing the one called Catnap. I plan to embed it into a cushion. When it is done I promise to post the photo for you.
The Jennifer Pudney range is fresh, bright and fun. Because of this and the demand and interest I have received I am proud to say I am now supplying these needlepoint kits in Australia. I am currently the only supplier of these unique needlepoint kits.
Click here to see the range of Jennifer Pudney needlepoint kits. https://bewitchedangel.com/product-category/crafts/needlepoint-kits/