We worry because we want to make sure that things turn out the way we want them to. Worrying can be a way of trying to control the future, even though we know that this isn’t possible. We might worry about the future, our relationships, our health, or our finances. Worrying can be a way of trying to protect ourselves from potential danger or harm.
Here are some tips for how to relieve worry:
- Practice mindfulness and meditation. Mindfulness is the practice of being aware of your thoughts and feelings in the present moment without judging them. Meditation can help you to stay in the present moment and focus on your breathing.
- Challenge your anxious thoughts. When you find yourself worrying, take a step back and challenge your anxious thoughts. Ask yourself if your worries are realistic or if they are exaggerations.
- Journaling. Writing down your worries can be cathartic and help you to gain perspective.
- Practice deep breathing. Deep breathing can help to relax your body and mind.
- Exercise. Exercise can help to reduce tension and stress and can even help to boost your mood.
- Talk to someone. Talking to someone you trust, such as a friend or therapist, can help to reduce anxious thoughts.
- Practice self-care. Self-care activities, such as taking a hot bath, reading a book, or going for a walk, can help to distract you from your worries and help you to relax.
- Get enough sleep. Sleep deprivation can exacerbate feelings of anxiety, so make sure you get enough rest.
Common causes of anxiety include:
- Stressful life events;
- Chemical imbalances in the brain;
- Withdrawal from drugs or alcohol;
- Too much caffeine or other stimulants;
- Negative thinking and fear-based thoughts;
- Traumatic experiences in the past;
- Physical health problems;
- Social isolation.
What helps to relieve anxiety and worry?
Essential oils have been used for centuries to help reduce feelings of anxiety and worry. Lavender, chamomile, and ylang-ylang essential oils are known for their calming, soothing effects. These essential oils can be used for aromatherapy or can be added to a bath to help relax the body and mind. Bewitched Angel has created a beautiful blend that has proven to assist. It is called No Worries and can be used in a diffuser, blended as a perfume with a little coconut oil, or in a bath.